Skip Beat is a famous manga series by Yoshiki Nakamura. It began serialization in 2002. Skip beat has been famous for over a decade and the craze doesn’t seem like it’s going away. Not anytime soon though. A friendly warning to everyone. It contains lots of spoilers. So tread carefully. Skip Beat revolves around Kyoko Mogami, Sho Fuwa, and Tsuruga Ren.
Plot | Skip Beat
Skip Beat tells a story about a young girl Kyoko Kogami who gets used (literally) by Sho. Sho is her long-time friend and they grew up together. In order to help Sho chase his dreams in showbiz, they came to Tokyo. For an initial period of time, they cohabited. Kyoko was dedicated to Sho. But things were not how she imagined. You guessed it right. Sho is the definition of a pathetic scumbag. He used Kyoko to fulfill her needs and then abandoned her.
The 16-year-old Kyoko Mogami was not the one to give up so easily. She swore revenge on Sho and entered showbiz to make him crawl on his knees and get his forgiveness.
Kyoko entered LME to audition in the rival company of Sho. That’s where she met Tsuruga Ren, a popular actor in the agency. This began her journey into showbiz.
Trivia | Skip Beat
- Kyoko’s name was derived from Kyoto. It’s just a single word change. Talk about cruel naming conventions no!
- Her mom is practically absent from her life. If you read the manga you’d know why! You hate her mom and even after knowing the reasons, it’s not enough to forgive her.
- Kyoko’s demons Don’t work on Tsuruga Ren.
- Sho’s full name is Shotaro. He disliked his name, which is why he uses Sho as his stage name.
- Her friendship with Kanae Kotonami really touches your heart.
- They are both LME members who were ridiculed in the beginning, but Kyoko and Moko chan proved that they mustn’t be underestimated.
- Tsuruga is a two-faced hypocrite but we still adore him. He has his reasons, but he’s too passive. Ren’s manipulation doesn’t sit well with most readers and fans of Skip Beat.
- Ren’s secretary is really cute and adds a lot of humour. His scenes are really funny and adorable. Yashiro San is a very responsible and capable manager.
- President Lory Takarada is a complex character who has many shades. He is mysterious and very intriguing. His eccentric and flamboyant nature might throw you off, but he recognised Kyoko’s talent.
- Lory is the president of L.M.E, where both Kyoko and Kanae work.
- The granddaughter Maria was a brat, but she’s lovable in her own way. You can’t hate her as the series progresses.
- During Sho’s MV shoot, Kyoko’s transformation into a devil was phenomenal. That scene just gives you creeps. Even sho couldn’t help but be mesmerized with her.
- Kyoko showed a lot of talent in dark moon shooting. Tsuruga and the rest of the cast acknowledged her acting talents.
Skip Beat is one of the best Shoujo Mangas to read. No matter what anyone says, you can’t give up on the manga, not just yet. Many people practicality grew up with the manga. Of course most of us readers have given up to see the manga end in this lifetime. We are all patiently waiting to find out who Kyoko chooses in the end. Honestly, most of the fans would love to see Kyoko and Tsuruga Ren’s Ship sailing, but the Kyoko-Sho fans are equally passionate and dedicated. The vote is divided. The opinions are divided. We love all the characters in Skip Beat, but Kyoko Mogami is such a softie who really needs to be predicted.