Goodbyes are hard. Subscribe to our newsletter for free.
Keroberos or Kero is the guardian of the Clow Cards and has an affinity for the Sun. Kero derives his strength from the sun, unlike Yue who derives his power from the moon, and his master for sustenance. Most fans would remember the iconic scene of Kero and Sakura in Cardcaptor Sakura anime, where they first met. Keroberos was sealed in the book along with the Clow cards by Clow Reed. When Sakura opened the book, the seal got broken and released the Clow cards and Keroberos.
Kero has taken a liking towards Sakura and chose her as the candidate to become the owner of the Clow Cards. The journey of Sakura to pursue the Clow cards was together with the guardian Keroberos or Kero. Kero’s true form remained hidden till Sakura was able to capture all the main elementary cards.
Kero’s most powers were sealed, and he was shown as a plushie in the series. Keroberos regained his power when Sakura captured the last element card Earth and sealed it. Kero gained his true form along with his fire powers. Throughout the series, Kero was the source of comedic relief and his dislike towards Syaoran and fear of Touya were evident. Kero had to remain hidden from Sakura’s family, especially his brother Touya, who also has magical powers.
Keroberos, for the most part, has remained hidden and acted as a plushie in front of Touya. He’s unaware that Touya is aware of Kero and his presence, and he can tell that Kero is not just a simple toy. Kero is quite protective of Sakura and doesn’t tolerate Syaoran’s initial hostile behaviour and how rudely he treated Sakura.
Who is Keroberos in Cardcaptor Sakura?
Keroberos is a magical creature created by Clow Reed, who was responsible to protect the Clow Cards and nominate the next candidate to become the master of the Clow Cards, Kero and Yue. Kero loves to play video games and loves to eat, especially sweets and desserts.
What is Kero's true form? Is Keroberos a lion?
He looks like a lion and is actually a winged lion-like creature who’s an extremely powerful and magical being. Keroberos usually looks like a plushie who’s harmless, funny, and gentle, but don’t look down upon the guardian of the sun, protector of the Clow Cards.
Is Keroberos a boy or girl?
The guardians are supposed to be genderless, but the show uses male pronouns to address both Kero and Yue. Kero can be assumed to be male.
- Keroberos is close with Sakura and has favoured her since the beginning. /he really wanted her to be the master of the Clow Cards.
- Kero can detect magic, and guides Sakura with his knowledge of how to capture the Clow Cards.
- Kero has amicable relation with Tomoyo, Sakura’s best friend. She’s one of the few people who knows about Keroberos and the Clow Cards.
- Initially, he didn’t like Syaoran, but later he never objected to them dating. Keroberos has been supportive.
- Kerberos and Yue are like fire and ice (no pun intended). They don’t dislike each other, but Kero and Yue have different opinions. Kero mostly feels jealous when Sakura treats Yue with more preference and warmth.
- Kero had a happy and amicable relation with Clow Reed. He was spoiled often by Clow Reed and Sakura does the same as well.
- Keroberos is one of the most powerful guardians and it can be inferred that he is more powerful than Yue, and Spaniel. He is a happy-go-lucky character who enjoys life but knows when to get serious. He’s extremely protective of Sakura.
- He tries to stay away from his brother Touya and fears getting caught. Keroberos and Yukito Tsukisiro do not have much interaction.