Goodbyes are hard. Subscribe to our newsletter for free.
2021 is just the right year for K-drama bingers! There are two Kdramas that have captured the hearts of people in Korea and internationally. Penthouse: War in Life produced by SBS and Mine by TvN are driving people insane for the wait for the next episodes. Mine, the 16 episode drama will finish airing on 27th July 2021, whereas Penthouse season 3 will finish airing on 20th August 2021.
The Penthouse has 3 seasons with 10 episodes and what drives Penthouse and Mine Kdrama towards popularity are the two evil characters that fans love to hate. Joo Dan Tae from Penthouse and Han Ji Young from Mine Kdrama, are the epitome of psychopath and evil.
The actors have done such a phenomenal job to portray their roles, that literally gives the fan creeps and shivers, and how fans would wish both of them to just..die? Or Worse, probably incarcerated. Joo Dan Tae vs Han Ji Young: Who’s the evilest Kdrama Villain? Who will you bet on?
Joo Dan Tae (Penthouse) vs Han Ji Young (Mine) | Actors
This isn’t the first rodeo for actor Uhm Ki Joon to play a negative role. The actor is versatile and every role he has played has been different from the previous ones. From popular lovable role in Dream high to evil incarnate in Penthouse Kdrama, Uhm Ki Joon has shown his dynamic and versatile acting that makes you love and hate him at the same time.
Hate the character, not the actor, please! Lee Hyun Wook has played the role of Han Ji Young in Mine. On one side we have Joo Dan Tae, and on the other hand, we have Han Ji Young.
Actor Uhm Ki Joon is famous for his role in Dream High, Phantom, Defendant, I’m not a robot, and other movies and drama. The list is huge! Actor Lee Hyun Wook is famous for his role in 3 Days, Mrs.Cop 2, Strangers from Hell, Search, and other movies and dramas.
Both the actors have portrayed the role of a deranged, self-centered, conceited and extremely ambitious person who wouldn’t have second thoughts before killing someone. They enjoy the thrill to trample over people and love tormenting their wives. The characters have a very similar nature, but the question is still haunting our minds, Joo Dan Tae vs Han Ji Young, who is the best Vilain?
Joo Dan Tae (Penthouse) vs Han Ji Young (Mine) | Comparison
Joo Dan Tae vs Han Ji Young, wondering who will reign as the most despicable and evil character!
- Both Joo Dan Tae and Han Ji Young are certified narcissists who think they are the most important people in this world.
- They have a tendency of killing people who do not fit with their plans and might dare to spoil their endgames. Neither Joo Dan Tae nor Han Ji Young are forgiving towards their enemies and would love to spill blood like it’s water.
- Joo Dan Tae and Han Ji Young love to torture their wives, and the love and action are just for display. Love means nothing to them, and they do not take betrayal very kindly.
- Han Ji Young might be a tad bit better than Joo Dan Tae. Joo Dan Tae has a history of abusing his children, whereas, Han Ji Young at least hasn’t abused his son and treats him kindly, much better than Joo Dan Tae though. 1 point to Han Ji Young for at least being a better dad than Joo Dan Tae.
- Both Joo Dan Tae and Han Ji Young are the worst husbands of the year. Are cheating and adultery a recurring theme in Korea, because both of them had no issues with having extramarital affairs and marrying women who mean nothing to them. The characters are both going to hell for sure.
- Han Ji Young is definitely a psychopath as he never once loved anyone. Joo Dan Tae least truly loved Na Ae Gyo, even though he used her, he was totally shattered by the news of her death. 1 point to Joo Dan Tae sshi.
- Both the characters are the definition of evil beings who feel no remorse, no emotions of sympathy for others, and would not hesitate to kill whoever comes in between their goals. Joo Dan Tae and Han Ji Young are greedy for power and influence and treat the world as part of their chess pieces, where they are the eternal kings.
- It’s not even surprising to see both of them commit evil deeds and go unpunished by the law. Law doesn’t really exist in Kdramas, so that option is out of the window.
What will happen if Joo Dan Tae and Han JiYoung were in the same universe and teamed up! The thought itself is very scary. Kudos to both the actors for doing such an amazing job of portraying the roles so perfectly. We love to hate them because they made the characters come alive.
You can feel the anger, emotions, and the raging sensation and wish if the law did something to them! After a comparative analysis, it’s no surprise to find that they are so scary and vicious. Both Joo Dan Tae and Han Ji Young are total nuts and will probably enjoy a killing spree.
Neither of the characters is any better, and if there was a fiery pit in hell, they are both going straight into it. Again, this is a character analysis of Joo Dan Tae and Han Ji Young, and not the actors, so don’t hate the actors. Enjoy watching Penthouse and Mine exclusively on Netflix and other streaming sites. Happy binging!
If you liked this article, don’t forget to check out : Penthouse: War in Life Season 1 | Who Killed Seol Ah?